This App/FW update is working pretty well for me. In particular I noticed that I did not need to switch bluetooth off/on after the firmware update — have you found a way to flush the Android cache of Bluetooth devices?
I do encounter occasional connection failures on starting the app. The error is always either
“Initialization failed: Status: -1”
“Connection failed. Satus: 133”
Pressing the scan button is usually enough to trigger a successful auto-connection. I noticed that after an error it resets to the default readout parameters (Current DC + Voltage DC).
I also noticed similar buffer-mode glitches to those described by Duane above.
One last comment for now: the independent graphing grids for the two channels makes the plots rather hard to read. I appreciate that the logic involved in this is tricky, but it would be nice if both traces could share the same grid-lines. For example, if trace-1 varies over 1.9 to 3.1V, you might choose a grid-spacing of 0.5V and an axis range of 1.5 to 3.5V. And if trace-2 varies over 0.1 to 5.6A, you might choose a grid-spacing of 1A and an axis range of 0.0 to 6.0A. That gives 5 grid-lines on trace-1 and 7 lines on trace-2. In this case it would be nicer if the range of plot-1 were extended to 1.0 to 4.0V, meaning both traces could use the same set of 7 grid-lines.
But aside from these minor issues, I’m really enjoying using my Mooshimeter. I don’t know why other multimeter manufacturers aren’t falling over themselves to copy the concept. Keep up the good work!
(Nexus 5 with Android 6.0.1)