I’ve noticed a behaviour which seems questionable. It’s not causing any obvious problems (and I’m still able to connect every time), but I’m reporting just to be thorough:
Steps to reproduce:
- Place the meter close to the phone.
- Ensure BT is enabled.
- Stop the app completely by going into the Application Manager and doing a “Force Stop”.
- Start the app, and wait for the meter to appear. Do NOT connect to the meter.
- Tap “Scan”, and observe the RSSI value, which is probably moving around a bit.
- After a few seconds, the scan should complete, and the RSSI value should be steady.
- Holding the phone, move a bit further away from the meter.
- Tap “Scan” again. The RSSI value should be lower, and again, will probably be changing values a bit during the scan. The scan should complete again after a few seconds, and the RSSI value should again be steady.
- Connect to the meter.
- Tap the “back” button in the app (top left hand corner) to display the list of meters again.
- Just after tapping “back”, observe that the “Scan” button is greyed out, and the word “Scanning” appears just above the button, also greyed out.
- After a few seconds, the “Scan” button is enabled (suggesting that the scan has completed), BUT, the word “Scanning” persists, although it is no longer greyed out. Is this behaviour normal/expected?
- Now, still on the scan screen, and still with the meter connected, tap the “Scan” button. The RSSI value should change values a bit, and stabilise after a few seconds, at which point the “Scan” button is re-enabled. Move around a bit, and repeat, to observe that the RSSI value changes depending on your position relative to the meter.
- Now disconnect the meter, by tapping the “disconnect” icon to the right of the meter information. (the two plugs).
- Tap “Scan” again. This time, you should observe that the RSSI value does NOT change at all. It doesn’t matter how close or far away from the meter you are – the value does not change. Repeat as many times as you like – it never changes. This behaviour does not match the behaviour when the app is first started. When the app is first started, with the meter disconnected, the RSSI value DOES update each time the “Scan” button is tapped. Also observe that the word “Scanning…” persists throughout this last step, as if some process has locke
Now, despite the above, when I again tap on the meter, it does actually connect successfully.