from last night
Very strange… it was consistently demonstrating the same failure you describe. I traced it to an error code 133 in the Android BLE stack (an error helpfully described as GATT_ERROR) when trying to write the meter settings.
Rebooted the device, turned bluetooth on and off, turned off all other radios (wifi and nfc), still same behavior. This was consisted for over an hour. Trying to figure out what I changed, I reverted the app to the version from a few days ago. It connected and worked. Upon reinstalling the latest version, that worked again as well.
Will let you know when I figure something out…