- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 5 months ago by Anonymous.
- April 30, 2017 at 4:06 pm #16711John PGuest
I got my Mooshimeter out after a long time in storage. Its batteries were dead, so I put in new alkalines. My XT1049 Moto X connects to the meter, and it shows a signal strength and battery level, but the readings for internal temperature and voltage DC are stuck on LOADING forever. I can’t get the meter to show any real readings.
I tried reflashing the firmware, but that did not solve the problem.
I was running the Android beta app, but I uninstalled that and installed the normal app from the Play store, but that also did not fix this.
Is my meter dead? Anything else I can try? Thanks!
- April 30, 2017 at 4:21 pm #16713AnonymousGuest
I’m looking at the PCB, and I see a glob of what looks like melted plastic on pins 12 to 15 of the ADS1292. What might have caused it to be destroyed?
- May 1, 2017 at 6:05 pm #16732AnonymousGuest
I think I see the problem. A dead AA battery leaked on the PCB.
- May 3, 2017 at 5:45 pm #16803AnonymousGuest
After washing the board in diluted white vinegar, rinsing in tap water, and drying overnight, my meter is working well again.