- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
- January 24, 2015 at 11:38 am #1834AnonymousGuest
I downloaded app.apk from this site, but cannot open it. It appears in my downloaded files, but clicking on it triggers a dialog box that says “Can’t Open File”.
“Unkown Sources” is enabled in Device Administration. I have loaded my own apps to this phone and run them.
I’m running Android 4.4.2 on a Moto X.
- January 24, 2015 at 12:12 pm #1835AnonymousGuest
I was able to open the .apk after turning off “Verify Apps” in Device Administration, and then downloading the app again. I’m not sure if that was the fix, but I’m up and running now. Thanks.
- January 24, 2015 at 3:22 pm #1836
Glad you got it working, let me know if you encounter another problem. The Android app is being updated pretty frequently, I’ll post on blog when a new apk is available as well.
- January 25, 2015 at 2:29 pm #1841AnonymousGuest
I’m having the same issue on a nexus 5 running Android 5.0.1. I don’t have a “Verify apps” option under device administration.
- January 25, 2015 at 6:32 pm #1850
Please try again, I changed a few settings on the server side.
- January 26, 2015 at 10:18 pm #1879AnonymousGuest
FYI my nexus 7 ignored me when I pointed the browser directly at the apt. When I entered the directoryou in the url, the directory contents were listed and clicking on the app resulted in download. …didn’t know if this detail would help anyone else.
- January 26, 2015 at 10:18 pm #1880AnonymousGuest
Correction, my nexus 5….
- January 27, 2015 at 9:44 am #1902AnonymousGuest
Could not download .apk on moto x.
I happen to have the dolphin browser installed so I tried putting the address in it and I was able to download the .apk and install with no problem.
- January 29, 2015 at 6:29 am #1955AnonymousGuest
I’m on a Motorola Atrix HD and when I download and click on the file I have to choose between “Package Installer” or ” Verify and Install” regardless of which option I select I get a:
There was a problem parsing the package
- January 29, 2015 at 3:01 pm #1968
This has come up on older Android versions – what version are you using?
- January 29, 2015 at 4:05 pm #1971AnonymousGuest
Version 4.1.1 Motorola isn’t pushing out an update for it.
- February 2, 2015 at 3:35 pm #2022AnonymousGuest
Will I be able to use this version of Android at all?
- February 2, 2015 at 3:42 pm #2023
Hi Jimmy, sorry for delay.
With the present version of the apk, 4.1 will not work. A lot changed between 4.1 and 4.3. I’ll put some effort in to backporting the app when there’s more time but can’t make promises for that particular Android version and phone: one of the biggest changes between 4.1 and 4.3 was unifying the bluetooth API, before 4.3 it’s much more manufacturer-specific.
Sorry to keep you waiting, let me know if there’s a way I can help sooner. James
- February 3, 2015 at 6:32 am #2029AnonymousGuest
No problem. I’ll have to see if I can snag my sons tablet, it is running 5.2
- March 9, 2017 at 9:55 pm #16033AnonymousGuest
Actually, I am suffering from the same but weird problem. When I am running my app on my real device it’s working but when I send the app’s .apk via Gmail to another phone it says it can’t open but it is getting downloaded