- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
- November 29, 2016 at 6:59 am #14975JohnGuest
I was wondering how I would measure capacitance with my Mooshimeter?
- November 29, 2016 at 7:26 am #14977AnonymousGuest
more importantly I am looking for equivalent series resistance
- November 29, 2016 at 7:55 am #14979AnonymousInactive
I am new to the Mooshi unit and do know know as much about the unit as I would like, but it is doubtful the meter by itself could measure ESR. Usually to measure capacitance you would need some form of compairitor circuit as I recall. I am sure some more knowledgeable folks may be able to give a more concrete answer to your question, but I am not seeing this as a standard, stand alone capability of this type of product??
As for a decent Capacitance/EWR meter, I would suggest the Peak ESR70. I have had one for a while and use it quite often and I have been very happy with it. You can shop it around, it is usually just over $100 as I recall, this appears to be the cheapest I found with a quick search – https://www.vellemanstore.com/en/velleman-esr70-capacitance-and-esr-meter?utm_source=google_shopping&m=Abstract&gclid=Cj0KEQiA6_TBBRDInaPjhcelt5oBEiQApPeTFy7-AuDfIetN7SE5oWbk5wBNBb1YpXP8Zq26YNtYzkIaAkE28P8HAQ
- November 29, 2016 at 11:30 am #14982adminKeymaster
Sorry, the Mooshimeter cannot measure capacitance.
Let me know if you have other questions, best
- December 7, 2016 at 4:49 am #15078AnonymousGuest
Yes it can. You just need to add the feature to the app. If we connect capacitor to auxilary, we know current and voltage on the cap. By sampling this, it’s easy to calculate capacitance.
- January 10, 2017 at 4:09 pm #15344AnonymousGuest
I want(ed) the Mooshi to measure capacitance wirelessly.
Obviously it has the potential (excuse the pun) to measure and report capacitance, but James says “no”.
When will this be available? (You just lost a sale).