- November 8, 2015 at 3:06 am #5635nidlaXGuest
I just received my second run unit today. First connection attempt out of the box worked without any issue, but subsequently troubles began. I am using an LG Volt with Android 4.4.
Firstly, the phone would detect the meter and trying to connect would result in “Connecting”->”Discovering Services”->”Connected!”, but the app reports no readings and the meter would disconnect a few moments later. I can repeatedly try to connect, resetting the meter / my phone, but it would almost always end with the previously described result.
Secondly, the meter has a lot of trouble updating its firmware. I am able to complete a firmware update about once every 30 attempts or so. The rest of the time, the app simply reports that the meter starts programming only to stop a few moments later and disconnect me. I’ll note here that if firmware is uploaded successfully, the meter will allow me to connect on the following boot.
I’ve eagerly anticipated using this device, but I just can’t get it to work even somewhat reliably at this point. Let me know if I can help you debug this problem. If this is potentially a hardware issue, I would like to exchange my unit for a replacement if possible.
- November 8, 2015 at 5:54 am #5637AnonymousGuest
FWIW, the connection issues don’t seem to be a problem on the iOS app (tested with a 3rd generation iPad). On the other hand, ACV on the iOS app is very unstable (the app crashes after a few seconds if ACV is left in full auto).
- November 8, 2015 at 7:03 pm #5654AnonymousGuest
Another update: I noticed that the device is also more consistently connectable from my Android phone if I first put it into hibernation mode using my iPad. My guess is that there is an interaction of bugs with Android, the app’s usage of Android’s Bluetooth LE / GATT stack, and the meter’s firmware. If you need logs or debug output from the meter (assuming it has serial), let me know.
- November 11, 2015 at 7:32 pm #5748adminKeymaster
I’m sorry to hear about the app crashing, and the repeated attempts at firmware upload. Some other users have reported the new firmware upload procedure in Android is failing, it seems to be related to the BLE stack in Android 4.4 and 4.3. We’re adding a “legacy mode” button that will do the slow upload like the previous app versions.
More concerning is the crash you’re seeing when you switch to AC volts. If you have anonymous reporting turned on in Android we should be able to see your crash report in our Android developer console, but if you don’t have it turned on please email any information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to get to the bottom of it.
If it’s possible to upgrade to Android 5.0 I recommend it, the BLE stack gets a lot more stable. But I’ll dig in to whatever logs you send to see where the app’s crashing.
- November 12, 2015 at 4:03 pm #5768AnonymousGuest
Hi James, I sent my crash log to that address.
- November 14, 2015 at 5:52 pm #5827
- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 6 months ago by .
Viewing 5 reply threads
Viewing 5 reply threads