- This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.
- May 25, 2017 at 9:25 am #17160RichardGuest
Judging from the response to two of my other forum threads with suggestions for the app and looking at the activity of github page:
it seems there is not that much activity for the app.
Duane, suggested to use intend broadcasts, in combination with another app, and profiles and … lots of android stuff.
I do not agree with this approach:
1. First of all it is clear from the overall product design / advertisement that the app is part of the product. Hence if there is missing basic functionality (this is ofc discussable) in the app, mooshim eng. is obliged to do sth. about it.
2. The suggested approach provides poor usability, while requiring lots of effort from the user.
Obviously it doesn’t help to insist on improving the app, when there is not enough manpower.
Therefore I suggest to leverage the power of open source (anyone can view & edit the source code) and crowdfounding, i.e.
Setting up bounties for individual features
That means, we (mooshi-users) AND Mooshim Eng. would setup together bounties for individual features, which would then implemented in the main repository in a timely manner.
- September 8, 2017 at 2:24 pm #18856AnonymousInactive
I totally agree with you Richard.
Especially the aspect of an open source application – I think it would be an benefit for mooshim and their customers. But I’m no software developer, so I may have no clue… :)
And because my coding skills a very basic and poor, I only could provide wishes and thoughts (and later testing) for functionality, but therefore it needs first this “base”.
Yeah just wanted to mention this, after nobody replied till yet…
- September 8, 2017 at 10:43 pm #18868adminKeymaster
I really appreciate you bringing this up. Behind the scenes Mooshim Engineering is just me, development slowed down a lot this year because I took on two engineering contracts for other devices that have taken most of the time I would have used to push the meter forward.
The only decent looking platform I’ve seen is https://www.bountysource.com . Do you have another in mind? It would be cool if it could be tied to github issues.
- November 18, 2017 at 3:41 pm #19223AnonymousInactive
Far more important is a V2 of the hardware, with more memory so that there is room to add features and fix bugs, IMHO.
- November 24, 2017 at 10:46 am #19242AnonymousInactive
What makes you think the hardware needs more memory to fix bugs and which bugs do you exactly mean?
Please be very specific here.
For my part I think there a few hw related bugs (like this one https://moosh.im/f/topic/only-10-log-files/), which can most likely be fixed with a firmware update.
And there is a rather big list of usability issues with the app:
– which have nothing to do at all with the hardware!
I have no experience in this field, but https://www.bountysource.com looks very promising to me!
- November 24, 2017 at 11:15 am #19243AnonymousInactive
@richard: There is a post from James somewhere here explaining that there is essentially no memory left, and any change at all is a huge task for him, because often, he has to make changes in areas of code that are unrelated to the actual change being made, simply to fit the code in. @James: can you provide a link to this post?
Regarding being “specific” – I’m talking in general – sorry about that.
- December 18, 2018 at 2:37 am #20006AnonymousGuest
I will try to learn how to code for Android.
There is still hope for 3rd channel graphing!