- This topic is empty.
- July 14, 2016 at 8:10 am #10643EdwardGuest
My LG G4 cannot get connection with the Mooshimeter, the Apps cannot scan the Mooshimeter.
If I go to Setting –> Bluetooth, I can search the Mooshimeter there.
But when I connect with it, it will ask for password then I key in 00000000, it will only stay in paired devices for 1 second or less and never really get connected.
But it work perfectly on my Samsung S4.
Is it all LG has that problem with Mooshimeter? Any update for that issues?
- July 14, 2016 at 2:55 pm #10649AnonymousGuest
To answer your first question, no not all LG phones have a problem. MY LGL22C running Android 5 has no problems connecting to the meter.
But I suspect that info doesn’t really help you much. I will say I have noticed at least one other person in this forum who has/had problem connecting with the Moto G. I don’t know final resolution, but here is a summary of the easy stuff you might try based on various posts from James and others in this forum.
1. In the phone, turn airplane mode off then on. Sometimes that is enough.
2. Reboot the phone. Sometimes that is enough.
3. In the phone, go to Settings->Bluetooth->Paired Devices. If the Mooshimeter is listed under paired devices, delete it.
4. Open the case (2 screws) and press the tiny reset button (near the microSD card slot). This reboots the meter.
5. Remove the 2 batteries and check their voltage with another meter and replace if low. Some people have had low/dead batteries even if they haven’t used the meter much.
6. Sometimes the meter thinks it is still in shipping mode, so momentarily short the meter probes between ohm and common. (This is not likely).
7. Uninstall and reinstall the Mooshimeter app.
If none of those work, then you might post the phone android version, the meter app version, and meter firmware version, which may spark a better solution from someone here. If you have success, post the solution here for the benefit of other folks who might run into this problem.
– – – Duane
- July 20, 2016 at 4:45 pm #10721AnonymousGuest
Thanks for your reply!
I tried all your suggestion (1 – 7), but the LG G4 still cannot get paired.
Actually, the meter working fine on my Samsung S4, so the meter itself should not have any problem.
And the LG G4 also working fine with my Bluetooth headphone, so I think the LG G4 Bluetooth should work.
I gave u more detail info.:
Mooshimeter App Version 1.0.17(444)
Mooshimeter V.1 Build:1445847981
Model number LG-H818N
Android Version 6.0
Build number MRA58K
Software Version V20e-HKD-XX
- August 2, 2016 at 1:27 am #10846AnonymousGuest
Anyone using LG G4 with Mooshimeter here?
- November 3, 2020 at 7:54 am #20867AnonymousGuest
There should be a way for atleast registered users to vote for removing these spam-messages advertising all this shit. Maybe not totally automatic, but to help moderating.