- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
- May 22, 2017 at 4:44 am #17104pabloGuest
Let me introduce yet another library that talks to mooshimeter. This time under Linux. In C++. Works with generic bluetooth adapters.
- May 22, 2017 at 8:51 am #17106AnonymousInactive
Works really nicely! Love where this is going :)
- June 14, 2020 at 6:10 am #20525AnonymousGuest
under debian Buster i got the messages
heartbeat thread: Writer: PCB_VERSION: no such command
reader thread: BLE: read: Connection reset by peer
and nothing will happend. I change the address of the meter and the streams.
does any one have an idea?
- July 29, 2020 at 3:50 pm #20612AnonymousGuest
Does your mooshimeter have a firmware version starting with 152?
If so, the original lib won’t work, because the CRC32 checksum verification during connection is broken.
You can try my patched version instead:
I didn’t bother to maintain the lib as git submodule, but copying the files from my repo should work (you might need to add the “-lz” linker flags, since I added a dependency to zlib for their crc32() calculation).
If you are interested in helping to maintain the lib, contact me (an issue on github would be ideal) and I will split the lib to a separate repo…
- July 29, 2020 at 3:58 pm #20613AnonymousGuest
Marc, Are you using the built-in Bluetooth on a Pi3 or Pi4? I get similar errors, unless I use a USB BT dongle. I don’t know nearly enough about Bluetooth to say why this might be, but it might be worth trying to reach the author of the C library.
- August 9, 2020 at 9:58 am #20629AnonymousGuest
I try it under debian buster with Bluetooth Dongle
0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
Do you have an idea?
I want to read the mooshimeter by desktop or labtop with python to write the values in a file.