- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
- January 14, 2018 at 6:53 am #19387AnonymousInactive
Just came from the garage where i have logged the charging of a few motorcycles. But when i looked at the logs now, they are all in the same file. A few thousand samples, so it was a pain in the ** to split the log into different ones.
Is there any way to create a new log file every time i select “logging enable”? This time it was appending the data to the same file. Or do i have to remove the SD card and format it / delete the file every time i start a new log session to be 100% sure to get a new file?
- January 17, 2018 at 2:42 pm #19399adminKeymaster
There should be a new log file every time you turn logging off and on. Although now that I think about it, the new log file might not get created until the logging interval on the Mooshimeter hits. What I mean by that is – if you have a 10 second logging interval, and you toggle the logging off and on again really quick within those 10 seconds, the meter might not notice.
- January 18, 2018 at 3:33 am #19405AnonymousInactive
Noted. I might very well have broken this “10 second rule”. Fast worker as i am. And it makes sense, as days where i use the log once- or twice during the day does not create this issue.
- February 2, 2018 at 11:44 am #19466AnonymousGuest
I’ve noticed this as well, I record data frequently for work and even with multiple hour/days gaps the data is appended to the previous log file. I haven’t put much thought into it as I thought it was a problem specific to me.
- February 2, 2018 at 12:43 pm #19468AnonymousInactive
In that case it’s probably a bug not related directly to the sample time. Hoping it will be fixed regardless of what’s triggering the behaviour.
- June 16, 2018 at 5:17 pm #19832AnonymousGuest
I just saw this happen too, and it was not due to enabling and disabling logging too quickly. I disabled logging (interval: MAX), removed and reinserted SD card (copied file), waited an hour or so, configured it to a different measurement quantity (amps instead of aux volts), and re-enabled logging (interval: MAX). The new measurements just got appended to the previous file, with a header marking when the measurement quantity changed.