- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
- June 29, 2015 at 7:38 am #4076GaryGuest
Can you share how to connect an external thermocouple, e.g. what inputs, as well as what which thermocouple types are supported? Neither are in any of the documentation.
- July 10, 2015 at 5:49 am #4158AnonymousGuest
Anybody have any insight to this question?
- July 10, 2015 at 2:40 pm #4174adminKeymaster
Right now there’s no thermocouple support in the app. You can still use a thermocouple to measure temperature, but you need to know the characteristics and do the conversion in your head.
So for example, a type K thermocouple plugged in to the Ω input on the “Aux voltage DC” setting would give you 41uV per degree C above the reference temperature. The reference temperature is the temperature of the meter, which you can read by setting one of the channels to the temperature setting. So if your meter temperature says 25C and your thermocouple voltage says 4.1mV, your thermocouple is at 125C (25C + 4.1mV/41uV).
Adding formula support within the app is on the to-do list, sorry it’s not there yet. Hope this helps.
- August 22, 2017 at 3:35 pm #18668AnonymousGuest
Hello, was the thermocouple calculation algoritm implemented?