- This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.
- June 7, 2016 at 12:23 am #10068Paul HedderlyGuest
Since the last beta firmware / app update, I think there may be a problem with the log enabling. I’ve not used my moosh for a couple of weeks and came back to flat batterys (0.9v). Looking at the sd card it seems it was logging for a few days but I am certain that I had turned logging off.
I had also found that turning logging on didn’t always have the desired effect. Am I alone, totally clumsy or absent minded?
- June 8, 2016 at 3:38 pm #10087AnonymousGuest
Hi Paul, I have seen exactly the same symptoms. The batteries were emptied in about 2 weeks, and some unexpected log files appeared on the SD card. They contain only about 6000 data points, so I doubt the logging alone can account for the battery drain. The logs are irregular, stopping and starting at unexpected times.
I’m sure James will sort it out. For now I have withdrawn from the beta-test programme and re-flashed the stable firmware, and the Mooshimeter is working nicely again.
- June 8, 2016 at 3:59 pm #10088AnonymousGuest
PS. My rogue log files are from before the 6th May update. I did not see unusual battery drain with the most recent beta firmware (before going back to stable), but I had also removed the SD card.
- June 9, 2016 at 1:56 am #10098AnonymousGuest
It happened to me again since yesterday. Turned of logging, closed the app… and this morning it was flashing and logging.
James I hope its an easy one to fix.
- June 15, 2016 at 1:47 pm #10189adminKeymaster
Yes, good catch. It’s an easy fix… I changed the default settings to test new logging code and forgot to change them back. Will be linking to new release on blog shortly…
- June 15, 2016 at 6:12 pm #10198AnonymousGuest
- June 16, 2016 at 4:08 pm #10231AnonymousGuest
Good news! Looking forward to trying out the update.